Attn: Capri Cosmetology Learning Centers Students
This is to inform our students of The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act which includes a Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF). Capri Cosmetology Learning Centers has signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and intends to use no less than 50% of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants directly to students.
Capri Cosmetology Learning Centers has received $363,273 for assistance to schools accepting Title IV. 50% of this funding is to be distributed directly to approximately 178 eligible students for “expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus (including eligible expenses under a student’s cost of attendance, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and childcare, etc)”.
Any Student that is currently enrolled in a Financial Aid (Title IV) program at Capri Cosmetology Learning Centers is eligible for the above relief grant if all the following conditions are met:
- Was attending school prior to March 16th, 2020 and is currently attending an approved Title IV degree or certificate program and maintaining satisfactory academic progress during the time of the schools’ closure (Hairdressing & Cosmetology or Esthetics)
- Not owe an overpayment on Title IV grants or loans.
- Not be in default on a Title IV loan.
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or other eligible noncitizen.
- Eligible to receive Title-IV Aid as determined by a FAFSA
This is a grant and does not need to be paid back. Students must meet Title IV eligibility requirements to receive HEERF emergency funds. If you have not filled out a FAFSA or require additional information, please contact your FA office by email.
Eligible students must complete an acknowledgement certifying their understanding of what these funds are to be utilized for.
As of the date of submission, no funds have been distibuted.
Total number of students recieving funds is <10
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting under CARES Act